Chief Financial Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Lake Oswego, OR
At the heart of our Executive Coaching business is a passion to help people achieve success in both business and life. In fact, we exist to use our team’s unique gifts and talents to make a positive and lasting difference in the life of each person we coach.
Our growing company is looking to hire a Chief Financial Officer. The CFO will be responsible for leading the financial functions of the company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in a manner that honors the convictions of Building Champions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the company’s financial function and performance.
- 2. Participate in the development of the company’s planning process as a strategic partner.
- 3. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs, compensation plans, strategies and regulatory action.
- 4. Ensure credibility of financial functions by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the executive and management teams in performing their responsibilities.
- 5. Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- 6. Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
- 7. Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate financial strategies to enhance the way we do business.
- 8. Evaluate the Finance & Accounting department for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the department as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- 9. Develop a succession plan for key roles within the department.
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency (hard and soft skills)
- Ethical Conduct
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the controller and indirect supervision of all employees in the Finance and Accounting department.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 10 to 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentage. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communication by e-mail, and scheduling software.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building Champions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Building Champions, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.