Nathan Buchanan has been a Chick-fil-A franchisee since 2003. Today, he owns and operates two Chick-fil-A franchises in South Florida.
- Nathan contacted Building Champions and was matched with Executive Coach Raymond Gleason for Small Business Coaching. Since Coach Raymond had been a small business owner himself, his experience and personality were well-suited to what Nathan needed.
- Coach Raymond worked with Nathan to help him develop a more authoritative leadership style with his team of 50 employees.
- Nathan specified expectations for his team and evaluated talent accordingly. Coach Raymond guided him through difficult decisions to restructure his workforce.
- Nathan drafted a Life Plan to identify top priorities in work and life. Coach Raymond’s thoughtful questions helped Nathan to think about his life from a different perspective and to evaluate what true success would look like as a husband, father, friend and CEO. Coach Raymond kept him accountable to managing the heavy priorities of balancing business ownership and family.
- Nathan’s total business has grown from $2.7 million to almost $8 million in a 5-year span.
- By setting specific expectations for his employees and holding them accountable, Nathan built a team of high-performers and fostered a positive work environment.
- Getting his work relationships in order freed Nathan up to devote more energy to his wife and children. He spends time with his kids doing activities they enjoy and makes sure his wife knows that she always comes before his work.
- With a more profitable business, Nathan enjoys the ability to be more generous with his finances and support his community without worrying about how it will affect his bottom line.